Registration – Houston, Texas – November 23rd & 24th
Sam Houston Race Park – 7575 N. Sam Houston Parkway W. – Houston, Tx 77064
Deadlines & Pricing
- Starting May 21st: $55
- Starting June 8th: $60
- Starting June 22nd: $65
- Starting July 16th: $70
- Starting August 16th: $75
- Starting October 2nd: $80
- Starting November 15th: $85
- Walk-Up Registration: $95
- Starting May 21st: $50
- Starting June 8th: $55
- Starting June 22nd: $60
- Starting July 16th: $65
- Starting August 16th: $70
- Starting October 2nd: $75
- Starting November 15th: $80
- Walk-Up Registration: $95
* Cash Prize Waves are an additional $30 (No coupon codes accepted for these waves)
* Chip timers are not included (please see below)
* All entries are non-refundable
Regular Wave Times
Waves will start at 9:00am and will be released every 20 minutes until 2:00pm. You will be asked which wave time you would like to join during the registration process. Every runner should check in at the Information Pick-Up tent one hour before their wave time (unless you attended pre-packet pick-up – see below). Each runner should arrive at the start line 10 minutes before their wave’s start time. You must have your race bib on in order to run the race. You cannot race without your bib – think of it as your ticket to the event. There will be a wave leaving the start line every 20 minutes with up to 500 Mighty Mud Dashers per wave. Please note that regular registration does not come with a chip timer, however a chip timer can be added through the registration process for an additional $5.00
Cash Prize Information
$7,000 purse prize
No Coupon Codes accepted
Cash Prize Waves are the first five waves on SATURDAY ONLY (8:00am, 8:15 am, 8:30 am, & 8:45 am). There are no qualifications needed to register for a cash prize waves. However, we do recommend that only serious competitors register for the Cash Prize Waves. Cash Prize Waves are limited to 100 participants. There is a $30 premium to run in the Cash Prize Waves. Everyone competing in the Cash Prize Waves will be subject to disqualification by race officials if they fail to complete any of the course obstacles. ALL BIB NUMBERS MUST BE VISIBLE.
$7,000 Purse Prize Breakdown:
- 1st place Top Male and Female receive – $2,500.
- 2nd place Male and Female receive – $750.
- 3rd place male and female receive – $250
- Award ceremony will be at 12:00pm
Chip timing is not included with a regular registration. However, you can upgrade your registration to include chip timing during the checkout process for $5. If you have already registered without a chip timer but would now like to add one you will be able to do so for $5 at Pre-Packet Pick-Up or on race-day at the registration tent.
*All Cash Prize Wave registrations include a chip timer.
Kids 100-yard Obstacle Dash
Mighty Mud Dash is no longer limited to just adults! Now your kids can come join in on the fun with the Mighty Mud Dash 100 Yard Obstacle Dash! Your children can get the scaled down experience of what it means to be a Mighty Mud Dasher! Each child will receive a Mighty Mud Dash accomplishment T-shirt!
The Kids Dash heats will go off between 9:30am-12:00pm
Pre-register is $15 and Walk Up registration is $20.
*The Kids Dash is not chipped timed and there are no winners or losers – only Mighty Kids.
Packet Pick-Up Info
- Location & Date
- We HIGHLY recommend that you pick-up your packet at our Packet Pick-Up before the event. This will allow you to skip the long check-in lines on race-day and mosey right on over to the start! Packet Pick-Up for the Mighty Mud Dash Houston will be held at the Sports Authority Sporting Goods at Williowbrook (8625 FM 1960 Rd W Houston, TX 77070) on Thursday and Friday November 21st and 22nd, 2013 from 11am to 6pm.
- How to Pick up a friends packet
- In order to pick-up someone else’s packet you will need 1) a copy or photo (on a phone is fine) of their drivers license and 2) a waiver signed by the individual. Without these items you WILL NOT be able to pick-up someone else’s packet.
Race Documents & Information
- Participants and Kid waivers
- Participant Waivers (14 & Up) – Download Here
Kid Waivers (For Kids 100-yard obstacle dash) – Download Here
- Race Day Information
- After you sign up, you will receive a confirmation email with your registration information including the date and time you’ll be running. Racers under 18 will need their wavier signed by their parent or guardian. Anyone under 14 by the day of the event will not be permitted into running in the 5K race and will be directed for some fun in the Kids 100 Yard Obstacle Dash. Furthermore, Racers will need a valid photo ID to pick up their packet, bib and chip timer (if purchased) the day of the event. Please check in at the Info Pick-Up tent 1 hour to 30 minutes before your wave time begins to pick up your bib number, check in your bags, receive your free t-shirt, and free beer ticket for runners over 21. Arriving early will give you time to stretch and make your way to the start line and cheer on friends and family who ran before you.
- Parking always gets crowded so be sure to show up early and bring $10 cash per vehicle. Please bring cash!
Race Day Photos
Get your race Day Photos here
What to bring
- Stuff you need
- Athletic shoes & clothes that you’re willing to get down right muddy.
- A bag or backpack if you wish to check your belongings at the bag check. MIGHTY MUD DASH WILL NOT PROVIDE A BAG. If you wish to check your belongings you MUST BRING YOUR OWN BAG.
- Change of clothes unless you like being a dirty Mud Runner!
- Extra Money for parking, beer, crawfish, food and apparel.
- Spectators (you know…your Mom, coworkers and your own personal fan club) to brag to and share in your Muddy glory!
- A camera to help capture all the Mud-filled mayhem to be uploaded to our rockin’ Facebook Page
- Your partay-tude dude!
What NOT to bring
- Stuff you don’t need
- No outside alcohol!
- No glass containers of any kind.
- Absolutely no weapons
- No pets
- No wimpy attitudes
- What is included with the entry?
- In addition to participating in the event, you will also receive an official Mighty Mud Dash T- shirt , Mighty Mud Dash Medal, a free beer and entry to the post-party.
- Do I have to sign a waiver?
- Yes, you will be required to sign a waiver when you arrive on your event day. Signing the waiver will deliver acknowledgement that by participating in Mighty Mud Dash you expose yourself to certain risks, including the risk of personal injury. Furthermore, we suggest that you read and understand the waiver before you sign it on event day. You can find a sample of your event wavier online here.
- What is the age limit?
- You must be at least 14 years of age by the day of the event with parental consent to register for Mighty Mud Dash. Anyone under the age of 18 is required to have parental consent and signature to participate in Mighty Mud Dash.
- How fit do I have to be to participate?
- Though our course is meant to test your physical strength, mental will and true grit; it can be accomplished by anyone who shows true Might. For training tips please click here http://www.mightymuddash.com/training-tips/
- How do I register?
- You can register as an individual, by creating a team or joining a team. You can register by clicking the “sign up” button at the top of the page.
- How big can my team be?
- There is no minimum or maximum number of people that can be on a team. The more members, more fun it is.
- How do I manage a team?
- Your team captain can manage the team by logging in through our registration center, going into his profile and clicking “My Running Teams”. Manage Houston Team
- Are teams required to finish together?
- Teams are not required to finish the race together. Though it does make for a cool photo to finish at the same time, it is not required.
- How can I volunteer at the event?
- You can register to volunteer at the event by using our volunteer registration page:Volunteer at the Houston Event
Still Need Help?
- Contact us
- Email: Support@MightyMudDash.com for any questions or concerns.